What's In Here
First, you might be interested in checking out this good read how you can connect your IPEGA PG-9099 Wolverine Bluetooth to any Android devices or Windows OS.
We will show you today how you can configure or setup PG-9028 without an IPEGA Bluetooth controller app. Previously, I published an article showing you how to set up the IPEGA remote Bluetooth gamepad controller. However, that configuration involves using the IPEGA Game Center app (IPEGA Game Center_ENG.apk). And that remote Bluetooth gamepad is the earlier version of IPEGA with a product code PG-9025. This time, we will be showing you another way wherein you don’t need an IPEGA Bluetooth controller app for IPEGA PG-9028.
How easy is it to setup PG-9028 without IPEGA Bluetooth Controller App
There’s no trick and no application needed as I’ve mentioned above. Unlike the predecessor of IPEGA wireless gamepad controller PG-9025. You only need to make sure that your device is compatible with IPEGA PG-9028.
IPEGA PG-9028 Compatible Devices
These are the compatible mobile devices that you can pair with IPEGA PG-9028 which has been tested as of writing this article. If your device is in the list, we suggest you bring your device first in the store and test it before you buy one.
- Samsung S3
- Samsung S4
- Samsung S5
- Samsung Note 2
- Samsung Note3
- Samsung Note4
- LG 2
- LG 3
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 6
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- MINI pad
Configuring and Pairing IPEGA PG-9028 with your devices
Now, about setting up or configuring your device and pairing it with IPEGA PG-9028. Here are the steps:
- Turn on your IPEGA PG-9028
- Also, make sure that your smartphone or mobile device’ Bluetooth is turned on
- Now, hold onto your IPEGA Bluetooth controller then press and hold both the X + HOME button, simultaneously.
- Wait until you see the LED from your IPEGA gamepad with touchpad blinking constantly.
- Once the LED is constantly blinking, get your mobile device and head to the Bluetooth menu.
- Scroll down (if needed) and look for Available Devices. What you should look for is “PG-9028”
- Tap PG-9028 to start pairing.
- Once the pairing is successful, you will notice that the LED light on your IPEGA PG-9028 will stop blinking. The light will become steady.
Basically, that’s it! You can now start checking the buttons and try using compatible games like Beach Buggy Blitz.
Here’s a YouTube video from Tech Life that will show you how it is actually done. Some bonuses in the video below are the functionality of the said IPEGA Bluetooth controller PG-9028 which is also known as the gamepad with the touchpad.
Do you do have some more tricks on how to setup this amazing and cool IPEGA PG-9028 with or without IPEGA Bluetooth Controller? Please share them with us. Thanks!