What's In Here
Apple iPhone Artificial Intelligence Assistant, Siri
In this article we will discuss how to teach Siri to pronounce names correctly. We’ve already covered some tips and tricks with iPhone and now let’s try teaching it’s one of the best feature called Siri.
One of the most prominent features of the iPhone is the AI assistant, Siri. However, there are times when Siri pronounces names incorrectly. This mobile assistant works effectively when calling or sending messages. However, it can also cause frustration when you tell her to message Jackielyn and the AI assistant immediately searches for violins.
Fortunately, there is a workaround to this. You can actually train Siri to pronounce your name or any other names properly. One of Siri’s features is the ability to learn. So, if you want to fix this and know how to teach Siri to pronounce names the right way. Here are some steps.
How to Teach Siri To Pronounce Names Correctly
In order to know how to teach Siri to pronounce names the right way, here are the instructions:
- First off, hold the Home button. Then, call Siri – “Hey, Siri”. This will activate Siri.
- The next step is to tell Siri the bad news: “That’s not how you pronounce [Jackielyn].”
- It will respond asking you to pronounce the contact’s first name correctly. Look at the screenshot above.
- Siri will provide you four versions of the pronunciation. Choose the one that resembles the best pronunciation.
- If none of those choice are near the correct pronunciation, tap Tell Siri, “Again,”
- Siri will then repeat the process until she is able to match the correct pronunciation for the name.
- Once Siri is trained on how to teach Siri to pronounce names correctly, you’ll be able to get a positive response whenever she hears your instructions.
Basically, that’s it. You have now added something new to Siri’s learning database. Try it!