What's In Here
Why do you need to get the best GPS fleet tracking system? Simple! If you are operating or running a trucking or delivery business, you may want to track everything. The three most common questions when you are into such services are “Where“, “What” and “When“. Without a fleet GPS tracking app or system, you can go blind not knowing how your business is doing. You might not be able to monitor where are your vehicles right now. Or you will not know what is going on why there are delays. Or worse, you might not be able to answer your customer’s questions like “When will our goods be delivered?“. You may lose face from your customers or worse your customer will go away.
This is why finding the best GPS fleet tracking system can be your best investment in this kind of business. And not only that, there are known risks that you can avoid with a good GPS navigation system. Such risks involves avoiding wasting of fuel because of heavy traffic along the way. Also delivery delays because your driver took a longer route. This can affect your revenue at the end of the day and you don’t want this to happen – don’t you?
Things To Consider When Looking For The Best GPS Fleet Tracking System
Yes, having a GPS fleet tracking system is a good idea. However, like any business plan you need to have a “case study” first. You need to know what are the things you need to consider. But what is GPS fleet tracking exactly? What does it do and how can it help you with tracking your vehicles? Let us give you high-level information about these terminologies.
What is GPS fleet tracking?
GPS is the shortened name for Global Positioning System. They are the 24 satellites in space which was used as a navigational tool to locate an object or someone around the globe. It was originally meant to be used for U.S. military purposes until the late U.S. President Ronald Reagan ordered the use of the GPS system to be available to the public. This is the same technology and definition we discussed earlier on how you can send your GPS location coordinates with someone. Having said, let’s start to enumerate the things we need to consider when trying to search for the best GPS fleet tracking system solution based on our needs.
Notes To Consider When Searching for the Best GPS Fleet Tracking System
- Know what kind of tracking system that will suit your business. It is very important that you know what you really need for your company. Try to gather as much information. Any GPS Tracking service that’s valuable should transparently present their plans and products since the things that matter the most are to be adequately secured. Be sure you are aware of what is truly needed; in the end, we are caring about our goods and our clients’ satisfaction and opinions. Also, assess the situation by answering some simple questions. Such as, do you really need a tool like a GPS fleet tracking system for your business? In case you considered integrating this navigational tool, what will be your long term goals?
- As much as possible, do a comprehensive study. Make a table of the possible pros and cons;
- Check the long-term benefits of adding a GPS fleet tracking system to your business;
- Talk to the experts. When we say experts, during your research, talk to companies who offer the hardware/software and ask them how can the system help your business;
- Talk to your team. Ask what are their struggles and problems during each trip they take;
- Bring the idea of GPS fleet tracking system integration, know what they know and/or opinion about it;
- Present your proposals to your team.
- Research and accept trials. Do not just buy, ask for trial versions from providers – let’s say 30-day trial versions. Remember that you are considering this system as part of your investment now. So, you have to be very cautious and wise when picking the best GPS fleet tracking system that will suit your company’s needs. As much as possible, when you search for the best GPS navigation system, try to look for an article/review that will provide you a comparison table. A table that will show you the differences between each GPS fleet tracking system providers. Check the differences and features of each company. Features like, does it have a driver tracking system, accident tracking, driver’s behavior, and many more. Compare these features and check if it matches your list.
- Test trial versions. As we’ve mentioned, as much as possible don’t let the providers dictate you. Demand for trial versions so that you can assess carefully and pick which one will suit your company’s needs. Prior to that, you can check what is the feedback from other companies or users. You can look for “genuine reviews“. I specifically mentioned genuine reviews because there are articles over the Internet which contain false reviews. These are reviews that didn’t really come from end-users but as a part of marketing strategies. It would be also good if you can find demo videos showcasing the features of the GPS fleet tracking system.
- Let your team experience it too. Once you have the trial version, ask your team to test it as well. This is to make sure that biases are minimized. You will be able to know each one’s opinion or take about the product. Then assess again.
- Know your competitors. Call it spying if you want but admit it, you’re not the only doing the same business. So, you have to know who are your competitors. Know their edge in the business. What does each one of them have to offer to their clients? How can you outperform them? Also, by knowing your competitors, you can gauge your business performance once you integrate with your selected GPS fleet tracking system. Are you willing to take the risk?
These are only a few of the possible factors you need to consider before diving into the idea of having the best GPS fleet tracking system. You are not limited to adding more. The more criteria you add, the better for your company’s sake. The key here is, yes, having a GPS fleet tracking system is beneficial for the company – but which one to choose? As much as you need one, these providers also need you. So, don’t be hasty when choosing the most suitable for your company’s needs.